School Year: 2018-2020
Job Opportunity: Montessori Elementary Teacher
Location: 483 Walker Dr, McDonough Ga, 30253
Application Deadline: Open until filled
About ABC Montessori School
ABC Montessori School mission is to offer a quality Montessori education infused with culturally inclusive principles to guide children to develop to their fullest potential.
ABC Montessori School is seeking a Montessori Elementary Lead Guide for Lower and Upper Elementary Program (Grades 1 – 6) to join our dynamic and expanding staff.
This individual must be an experienced Guide/Teacher. Position to serve as a teacher and grow into overseeing both the Lower and Upper Elementary programs in support of our Montessori teachers and classroom assistants. The individual filling this position will be a member of the school’s Administrative Team.
If you possess a sincere commitment to building a quality Montessori environment, and collaborating with experienced colleagues, please consider joining our ABC Montessori School community. The right candidate should possess maturity, dedication, high integrity, good judgment, the ability to self-reflect as a member of the teaching staff, and the courage to grow as an educational leader. We seek individuals with a clear understanding of Montessori ideals, deep knowledge of the development of children, and the classroom management and communication skills that nurture self-discipline, order, and confidence in young students. We can offer you a rewarding experience in a growing and diverse Montessori school community.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support Guides with the preparation and maintenance of the elementary Montessori environment and materials.
• Oversee the review, analysis, and maintenance of Guide observations and assessment of student achievement with Administrative Team.
• Support teachers in the implementation of the elementary Montessori method.
• Oversee curriculum development work with Administrative Team for elementary teachers on a regular basis.
• Coordinate with Primary Guides for the seamless transition of Early Childhood students to the Lower Elementary program.
• Coordinate elementary specific professional development with Administrative Team for elementary teachers, assistants and specialists.
• Work closely with the Director and other members of the Administrative Team.
• Understand and promote the ABC Montessori School vision, mission, and goals to students, parents, and community.
• Attend all Monthly and weekly staff meetings and other meetings as required.
• Attend in-service and professional development offerings, as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Competencies & Qualifications:
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Have an appreciation and understanding of a multi-cultural and/or multi-lingual educational setting and community of students and families.
• Be a team player, leader, and enthusiastic about working with both students and parents to build community.
• Be flexible and positive.
• Excellent listening and communication skills.
• A passion for growing independent, confident and intellectually curious children.
• Ability to provide services to all children and families with respect and dignity.
• A love of and for children (of any age).
• A sense of humor.
Education and Experience:
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required, a Master’s degree preferred.
• Experience in the day-to-day workings of a Montessori School with a true commitment
and passion to Montessori Method and academic excellence.
• AMI/AMS credential in Elementary Education (I and/or II) preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of the Montessori Method.
• 3-5 years’ experience as a Lead Guide/Teacher who has worked in both the Lower and
Upper elementary environment(s).
• Great interpersonal, organizational, writing, computer, and administrative skills
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience.