The Montessori Educator
What is a Montessori Educator?
The Montessori Style of education nurtures and encourages the child’s inherent love of learning. Because Montessori focuses on the growth of the entire child, the Montessori Educator is an integral part of the development of the child’s cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development. The Montessori method develops potential in the child and the same can be said for its educators—offering each one a unique experience as a leader in education.
A Montessori Educator prepares an active, appropriate environment for the child. The Educator is everything from a role model to observer who meticulously records every step of progress, using his or her own love of learning to further that of the child’s.
But as an educator, once you’ve gone through the appropriate training, what’s next?
While we can’t tell you what the next steps of your Montessori Journey will be, we can help you understand what they could be. Montessori credentials reflect over 50 years of research and continuous improvement and excellence in teaching, so there are plenty of resources!
As an Adult Learner at the Montessori Teacher Education Institute of Atlanta, you will have access to an internal job board that features postings from choice schools around Atlanta. We also recommend signing up for our Newsletter at the bottom of this page to receive information about the community, which may also include upcoming continuing education opportunities!
Below, you’ll find a list of Associations world-wide that you can use to further your own Montessori journey. AMS has a job board that allows you to search postings around the world, which you can find by clicking here.
- Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE)
- American Montessori Society (AMS)
- Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
- Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators (CCMA)
- The Indian Montessori Association (IMA)
- The Institute for Montessori Education (TIME)
- Montessori Educational Programs International (MEPI)
- Pan American Montessori Association (PAMS)
- The Montessori Foundation (IMC)
- The North American Montessori Teachers Association (NAMTA)
Students and alumni may login to access additional career information and searchable job postings.