Meadows Montessori School
111 Bells Ferry Lane
Marietta, Ga 30066
MMS is currently seeking a Montessori certified (or certification in progress) Infant/Toddler lead for mornings between 7:30 am and 12:30 pm. Compensation is $13.00 – $17.00/hour depending on experience. Please send an email to the above address to be considered.
See below for a detailed description of responsibilities.
Montessori Toddler Teacher Job Description
• Create, design, develop and implement core early learning Montessori curriculum according to the specifics provided by the school.
• Develop and implement lesson plans to meet the specific needs of each child enrolled in the early learning program.
• Impart lessons on a one-on-one or group basis and assist toddlers who may have trouble grasping concepts.
• Promote feelings of security and trust in children by encouraging them through activities.
• Talk, sing and read to the children in a bid to make them feel comfortable and enthusiastic in class.
• Respond quickly and in a soothing fashion to distressed children and ensure that they are made comfortable immediately.
• Implement individualized feeding plans for infants and ensure that they are followed through.
• Assist teacher aides in changing diapers and helping children during eating and other indoor activities.
• Oversee children during recess time and ensure that they perform all activities in a safe manner.
• Respond to emergency situations such as on-campus accidents by performing immediate CPR and First Aid. CPR/First certification is required.
• Conduct developmental screenings and ongoing assessments on children to determine motor, language, social, cognitive and emotional skills development.
• Communicate any significant findings to parents regarding behavior and assist parents in managing related issues.